Saturday, December 11, 2010

"Mom, you cold?"

So...we've retrained Carson to sleep through the night. After a number of heart-to-heart talks with Carson about staying in his bed all night long, a few nights of sitting outside his door while he falls asleep, and a Good Nite Lite purchase, we're back to restful nights at the Ross house. I thought I'd share a few of the comments we've heard from Carson over these last few weeks of sleep boot camp:

"Mom, you cold? You get a blanket? I have two. You need one?"
(I asked Nate to bring me a blanket while I was sitting outside Carson's room on Wednesday night. I guess the little guy realized I was cold when I covered up. He wanted to share one of his blankets with me. Awwwww!)

"Daddy, the sun-man is up!"
(The Good Nite Lite was recommended to us by my friend, Heather. You can program the night light to illuminate a moon's face at night and a sun's face during appropriate "waking hours." If your kid understands the concept of the "moon" signifying "bed time" and the "sun" signifying "morning," you can pretty much train them to get out of bed at a time that makes everyone happy. Anyway, Carson woke up this morning at 6:10 AM, saw the Sun Man's face lit up and subsequently climbed out of bed. He came to the stairs and notified us that it was, in fact, time to get up!)

"Mommy, that's a good deal."
We negotiated with Carson to leave his door open all night long in lieu of one of us laying in his bed with him while he falls asleep. I think Nate and I got the better end of that deal.