It's been a busy week at the Ross house -- two birthdays, a doctors appointment for Carson and time with Momma Jud (my mom!).
There is something special about grandmas. Their infinite wisdom in child-rearing should never be questioned. Since my mom has been here, Carson has tried out tummy time, learned to burp over the shoulder (Umm, ya - Nate and I really only burped him by propping him up on our leg prior to Grammie's recommendation.), and become accustomed to warm formula. (Again, Nate and I are hard-asses....we made our baby drink cold formula straight from the fridge before Grammie's visit.) What makes these subtle "suggestions" from my mom even better is the fact that Nate's mom has been suggesting the same stuff for the past week. Thank goodness for grandmas!
There is something special about grandmas. Their infinite wisdom in child-rearing should never be questioned. Since my mom has been here, Carson has tried out tummy time, learned to burp over the shoulder (Umm, ya - Nate and I really only burped him by propping him up on our leg prior to Grammie's recommendation.), and become accustomed to warm formula. (Again, Nate and I are hard-asses....we made our baby drink cold formula straight from the fridge before Grammie's visit.) What makes these subtle "suggestions" from my mom even better is the fact that Nate's mom has been suggesting the same stuff for the past week. Thank goodness for grandmas!

I turned 31 on Tuesday! My mom and Nate tried very hard to make my special day extra special....I managed to get out of the house for a manicure and pedicure while my mom watched Carson. (Presumptuous, I know, but what the hell - it made me feel human!) Nate and I also went out for Mexican sans CER. I did miss the little rug rat while out of the house, but I'm not going to lie - time away with Nate was great. I probably shouldn't have put that in writing, but I'm just being honest. For those of you out there like me, you know what I'm talking about.
"First I was afraid, I was petrified." My mom and I ventured to the pediatrician on Wednesday for Carson's two week check-up. The anxiety associated with getting all of his crap packed without forgetting something was worse than the actual trip itself. Luckily, Carson likes the car and generally falls asleep as soon as we pull out of the driveway. (This is great for us since we live in bu-fu and have to drive at least 20 minutes to anything relevant!) CER seems to be doing pretty well, although he is having issues with constipation. Who knew that a little Karo syrup in his bottle would get things moving. A remedy that should have been in those worthless baby books I read in the third trimester, no?
Nate's 33rd birthday is today! To celebrate, Nate, Carson and I trekked to the Bread Co. this morning for coffee and sweets before hitting the park. Our first family outing - awe! To round out Nate's day, he and I are heading to dinner while Grammie (once again) watches the baby. We truly are having a great week filled with family, date nights and birthday celebrations.
As Gloria Gaynor sang, "I WILL SURVIVE - HEY, HEY!"





No comments:
Post a Comment